ZION school History
Iva Lutheran School
On the 17th of February 1895, the Lutherans of this vicinity held a meeting in the Iva public school house to consider if it might be advisable to organize a congregation at Iva. Realizing the importance of Christian training and education it was decided to use the church building as a school as well. Iva Luheran School was opened with Prof. J. C. Winterstein taking charge of the school until Pastor Karl Mueller arrived and served as both pastor and teacher. Through the years attendance at the school declined. In 2004 the congregation voted to close the school.