OUR CHURCH HISTORY
Zion congregation was first conceived on February 17, 1895 by several families of the Iva community Lutherans who attended St. Peter Lutheran Church approximately five miles away or a congregation in Merrill. Among the founders were the Scharf, Schultz, Stenzel, Zastrow, Tessin, Kade, Blank, Dankwardt, Beyersdorf, Bohn, Bernbach, Bluemer, Koeppen, Kratz, Pomeraning, and Weiskirch families.
As a result of this meeting property was purchased and a frame building was built at a total cost of $500. Hence our first church was named Zion German Evangelical Lutheran Church and dedicated September 1, 1895. For a more complete history CLICK HERE.
Zion continues today with services held Sundays at 9:30 am.